- Select one card then click it once it turns over.
- Cups Reading Thoth Tarot Deck
- Disks Reading Thoth Tarot Deck
- Major Arcana Reading Thoth Tarot Deck
- Swords Reading Thoth Tarot Deck
- Wands Reading Thoth Tarot Deck
Guide for beginners:
- Concentrate on any particular situation you may need help with.
- When you are ready, select a card.
- Speaking out loud or in your head, describe the card as if you were talking to a friend.
- Don’t try to analyze the meaning of the card at this stage. Simply say what you see on the card
- If you gain any insights as you are thinking about the card, jot them down.
- Next think about possible interpretations. Do any of these meanings relate to your current life or the situation you sought help with?
- Later in the day, reflect on the card and ask yourself the same questions. In what ways has the archetype of the card appeared in your life?
- If a single card for the day answer your question, try drawing another.
- Remember that practice is key to interpreting One-Card Tarot Readings
- Choose a second card or one from our Major Arcana Reading if you need further guidance on cards
Repeat with groups of two or more cards. How does one card connect to the others? What do they have in common? How do they contrast with one another? What would need to happen for the situation on one card to develop into the scene depicted on the next? Which characters are looking at each other? Which are looking away from one another? How might the characters on different cards interact?
This page is part of our Tarot Online. You may have wanted Tarot Card Meanings. You will find many more pages with tarot guidance. Use the search at the bottom of the page. We also have some amazing tarot books to suggest to you. Please check them out.
Here are some snippets from a few of my favorite books
Portable Magic: Tarot: Card decks consisting of seventy-eight cards that are divided into two main parts, the twenty-two trumps or picture cards known as the Greater Arcana, and the fifty-six suit cards known as the Lesser Arcana. The Tarot was invented in Italy during the fifteenth century to play a trick taking card game of the same name. Its use in magic did not become popular until the nineteenth century, when esoteric Tarot decks began to arise in France.
Complete Book of Tarot: The lunar energy myth: you must leave your cards overnight in the moonlight so they can absorb psychic lunar vibrations.
Psychic World: In 1910 English occultist Arthur Waite published his interpretation of the tarot with images designed by fellow occultist Pamela Colman Smith. According Waite the tarot cards themselves dated back to the fourteenth century but the images on them were much older. He claimed to have restored the images to their original meaning and when interpreting the cards drew from the Hermetic Kabbalah tradition favoured by the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn, of which he was a member.
- Do get in touch if you looked for Tarot Card Reading and we don’t have it listed. We would be more than happy to source the information for you. We hope you visit again for more online tarot information!
Complete Book of Tarot: In astrology, the suit of Cups is related to the inner-directed yin group of Water signs (Cancer, Scorpio, Pisces) as befits the receptive nature of the chalices of the tarot. To get a sense of the archetypal nature of this tarot symbol, review the following list of keywords for the suit of Cups (Chalices):