Choosing just one card for a Tarot reading is the simplest way, and often the most powerful way of consulting the Tarot. You may draw a card as a daily card, for a monthly tarot reading, or in any way that suits what’s on your mind. Other reasons may be in relation to health, finances, career, spirituality, love and relations, or for any question you may wish to ask the Tarot.
A One-Card Thoth Tarot Reading can be as simple as a specific yes or no answer, or it can be much more.
A single card has the advantage of a definitive and unambiguous answer. If there are no other cards the message is clear. You can’t blame the interpretation of one card on the reader.
There is a wealth of detail in a single card, especially if you have chosen a deck you can relate to.
- Cups Reading Thoth Tarot Deck
- Disks Reading Thoth Tarot Deck
- Major Arcana Reading Thoth Tarot Deck
- Swords Reading Thoth Tarot Deck
- Wands Reading Thoth Tarot Deck
- Family Reading Thoth Tarot Deck
- Finance Reading Thoth Tarot Deck
- Health Reading Thoth Tarot Deck
- Love Reading Thoth Tarot Deck
- Spiritual Reading Thoth Tarot Deck
- Work Reading Thoth Tarot Deck
- Tarot Horoscope Aquarius Thoth Deck
- Tarot Horoscope Aries Thoth Deck
- Tarot Horoscope Cancer Thoth Deck
- Tarot Horoscope Capricorn Thoth Deck
- Tarot Horoscope Gemini Thoth Deck
- Tarot Horoscope Leo Thoth Deck
- Tarot Horoscope Libra Thoth Deck
- Tarot Horoscope Pisces Thoth Deck
- Tarot Horoscope Sagittarius Thoth Deck
- Tarot Horoscope Scorpio Thoth Deck
- Tarot Horoscope Taurus Thoth Deck
- Tarot Horoscope Virgo Thoth Deck
Guide for beginners:
- Concentrate on any particular situation you may need help with.
- When you are ready, select a card.
- Speaking out loud or in your head, describe the card as if you were talking to a friend.
- Don’t try to analyze the meaning of the card at this stage. Simply say what you see on the card
- If you gain any insights as you are thinking about the card, jot them down.
- Next think about possible interpretations. Do any of these meanings relate to your current life or the situation you sought help with?
- Later in the day, reflect on the card and ask yourself the same questions. In what ways has the archetype of the card appeared in your life?
- If a single card for the day answer your question, try drawing another.
- Remember that practice is key to interpreting One-Card Tarot Readings
- Choose a second card or one from our Major Arcana Reading if you need further guidance on cards
Repeat with groups of two or more cards. How does one card connect to the others? What do they have in common? How do they contrast with one another? What would need to happen for the situation on one card to develop into the scene depicted on the next? Which characters are looking at each other? Which are looking away from one another? How might the characters on different cards interact.
This page is part of our Tarot Online. You may have wanted Tarot Card Meanings. You will find many more pages with tarot guidance. Use the search at the bottom of the page. We also have some amazing tarot books to suggest to you. Please check them out.
Here are some snippets from a few of my favorite books
Complete Book of Tarot: Golden Dawn: Craft, cunning, skill, adaptability, magic, occult wisdom (these meanings are derived from the Roman god Mercury and his resemblance to the gods Thoth of Egypt and Hermes of Greece).
Tarot Triumphs: What follows are brief keynote summaries of the twenty-two Triumphs, which serve as a foundation for interpreting the cards in a simple divination layout. This is something we will tackle in chapter four, so the idea here is to give the basis needed for considering the cards in combination, applying them to a real-life question or situation.
Tarot Ultimate Guide: Think about it this way: you will want to make sure that you are physically able to control the power that you are trying to tap into. You will want to make sure that you are mentally prepared for the divination. You will also want to make sure that you are spiritually able to handle the process. Anyone is able to buy a deck of Tarot cards, but if you want to actually gain insider knowledge, you want to make sure that you are fully prepared.