Choosing just one card for a Tarot reading is the simplest way, and often the most powerful way of consulting the Tarot. You may draw a card as a daily card, for a monthly tarot reading, or in any way that suits what’s on your mind. Other reasons may be in relation to health, finances, career, spirituality, love and relations, or for any question you may wish to ask the Tarot.
A One-Card Rider Waite Tarot Reading can be as simple as a specific yes or no answer, or it can be much more.
A single card has the advantage of a definitive and unambiguous answer. If there are no other cards the message is clear. You can’t blame the interpretation of one card on the reader.
There is a wealth of detail in a single card, especially if you have chosen a deck you can relate to.
- Cups Reading Rider Waite Tarot Deck
- Major Arcana Reading Rider Waite Tarot Deck
- Pentacles Reading Rider Waite Tarot Deck
- Swords Reading Rider Waite Tarot Deck
- Wands Reading Rider Waite Tarot Deck
- Family Reading Rider Waite Tarot Deck
- Finance Reading Rider Waite Tarot Deck
- Health Reading Rider Waite Tarot Deck
- Love Reading Rider Waite Tarot Deck
- Spiritual Reading Rider Waite Tarot Deck
- Work Reading Rider Waite Tarot Deck
- Tarot Horoscope Aquarius Rider Waite Deck
- Tarot Horoscope Aries Rider Waite Deck
- Tarot Horoscope Cancer Rider Waite Deck
- Tarot Horoscope Capricorn Rider Waite Deck
- Tarot Horoscope Gemini Rider Waite Deck
- Tarot Horoscope Leo Rider Waite Deck
- Tarot Horoscope Libra Rider Waite Deck
- Tarot Horoscope Pisces Rider Waite Deck
- Tarot Horoscope Sagittarius Rider Waite Deck
- Tarot Horoscope Scorpio Rider Waite Deck
- Tarot Horoscope Taurus Rider Waite Deck
- Tarot Horoscope Virgo Rider Waite Deck
Guide for beginners:
- Concentrate on any particular situation you may need help with.
- When you are ready, select a card.
- Speaking out loud or in your head, describe the card as if you were talking to a friend.
- Don’t try to analyze the meaning of the card at this stage. Simply say what you see on the card
- If you gain any insights as you are thinking about the card, jot them down.
- Next think about possible interpretations. Do any of these meanings relate to your current life or the situation you sought help with?
- Later in the day, reflect on the card and ask yourself the same questions. In what ways has the archetype of the card appeared in your life?
- If a single card for the day answer your question, try drawing another.
- Remember that practice is key to interpreting One-Card Tarot Readings
- Choose a second card or one from our Major Arcana Reading if you need further guidance on cards
Repeat with groups of two or more cards. How does one card connect to the others? What do they have in common? How do they contrast with one another? What would need to happen for the situation on one card to develop into the scene depicted on the next? Which characters are looking at each other? Which are looking away from one another? How might the characters on different cards interact.
This page is part of our Tarot Online. You may have wanted Tarot Card Meanings. You will find many more pages with tarot guidance. Use the search at the bottom of the page. We also have some amazing tarot books to suggest to you. Please check them out.
Here are some snippets from a few of my favorite books
Complete Book of Tarot: Waite (1911): He is shewn as if upon a journey, armed with a short wand, and although mailed is not on a warlike errand. He is passing mounds or pyramids. The motion of the horse is a key to the character of its rider, and suggests the precipitate mood, or things connected therewith. Divinatory Meanings: Departure, absence, flight, emigration. A dark young man, friendly. Change of residence; (R) rupture, division, interruption, discord.
Tarot Triumphs: I hope that this threefold approach will offer you different ways to experience the symbols of the cards by giving food for the imagination as well as useful background knowledge. You may find it helpful to know this now so that you can navigate the book as you wish, or cross-refer between the chapters.
Tarot Ultimate Guide: When you buy a pack of tarot cards, you have to understand that the cards alone are not enough. To be able to tap into the mystical forces and truly understand the power of divination, you have to prepare yourself. There are three aspects that you will want to make sure that you take the time to prepare yourself for before calling on mystical powers. These three aspects are: