Robin Wood Tarot Deck

Robin Wood Tarot Deck
by Robin Wood

Synopsis
This deck brings the Minor Arcana to life in a way that is easy to understand and interpret. It features nature imagery and energies to enchant and excite both pagans and non-pagans, experts and novices.

• Product Details:
  • Hardcover (July 1991)
  • Publisher: LLewellyn
  • Language: English
  • ISBN: 0875428940
  • 5 out of 5 starsMy favourite deck so far…, May 11, 2004
    Reviewer: hewligan from Cardiff, South Glamorgan United KingdomAs I’m sure many other tarotists will agree with me, the Rider-Waite deck is great to start with, in that it tends to be the one illustrated in most beginner books and its illustrations are very descriptive. However (and again, I expect others will agree here) the Rider-Waite deck is a little lacking in beauty, style and inspiration.

I experimented with a number of other decks once I’d got to grips with tarot reading, and kept finding myself coming back to my Rider-Waite deck simply because I had become used to the images and the way they connect with the meanings in my mind; I didn’t ‘click’ with the images on some other decks, either because I didn’t enjoy the artwork on an aesthetic level, or because I didn’t connect the symbols or images to my interpretations of the card meanings.

Several decks later, I’ve found the Robin Wood deck, which employs many of the same symbols featured in the Rider-Waite deck, but with the added bonus that the artwork is stunningly beautiful, the figures are full of life and character, the backgrounds are rich and inspired, and I just LOVE looking at the cards! Every time I look at a card which turns up in a reading, I discover new meanings and depths, and facets I hadn’t thought about before.

I also think the LWB (little white book) is just enough, I’ve seen reviews which were disappointed by it, but I feel if you need a beginners book, buy a beginners book. In my opinion, this is the way a tarot deck OUGHT to be, encouraging the reader to study the cards, inspiring and thought provoking, and above all, beautiful. Well, it’s stopped me buying any more decks for the time being….

Facebook