Free Online Tarot Reading
Your free online tarot reading with the Major Arcana. More Online Tarot
Choose your Deck!
- Cups, Chalices, Primordialism Tarot
- Major Arcana Tarot Reading
- One Card Tarot Golden Deck
- One Card Tarot Mage Ascension Deck
- One Card Tarot Rider Waite Deck
- One Card Tarot Salem Deck
- One Card Tarot Thoth Deck
- Pentacles Disks Coins Patens Pattern Tarot
- Swords, Athames or Dynamism Tarot
- Wands or Questing Tarot
Major Arcana cards show up when things are happening that pull us towards a certain destiny or path. Many Major Arcana cards in a reading is often a sign that our Spirit Guides and Angels are working behind the scenes to set everything up for us so that we can live the lives we are destined to live. While the Minor Arcana cards focus on the everyday actions and decisions you must face, these Major Arcana cards reveal messages about the bigger picture of your life and its long-term direction.
A major arcana card represents an energy that is deep, strong, decisive or long-term. When a major arcana card appears in a reading, you have tapped into a powerful energy in some area of your life. The minor arcana cards do not carry the same weight, but they are still important. They chart the ups and downs of daily life and register changes in feelings and thoughts. These dramas are gripping while they occur, but they pass with time as new concerns take their place.
The major arcana are signposts to things, events, and people, that are meant to be taken more seriously and looked at more closely, in general, than the minor arcana cards will generally represent.Timing: When a card from the Major Arcana appears before a timing card, this indicates that the major event has already is past and the influences of the card impact on it.
Major Arcana Tarot Reading
- Full List of Tarot Card Meanings
- Although this page is designed to be viewed individually when you search for The Major Arcana, you will find many more tarot pages that will be of great help if you need tarot card meanings. Use the search at the bottom of the page. We have some amazing tarot books to suggest to you. Please check them out.
Here are some snippets from a few of my favorite books
Complete Book of Tarot: The element Earth has no major arcana card assigned to it, perhaps because it represents the entire material universe in which we learn the lessons of the major arcana.
Complete Book of Tarot: Card 3 was the Devil, a major arcana card suggesting that a matter of major importance was at the foundation of the reading. The Devil card often refers to a material ambition being pursued, sometimes obsessively, to the exclusion of other matters of a more spiritual significance.
Complete Book of Tarot: According to the Golden Dawn, several major arcana cards are associated with the element Air and the airy suit of Swords. These include:
- Do get in touch if you looked for Major Arcana Tarot Reading and we don’t have it listed. We would be more than happy to source the information for you. We hope you visit again for more online tarot information!
Complete Book of Tarot: In the Middle Ages, theologian Thomas Aquinas used Plato’s metaphor of the charioteer to represent the cardinal virtue of Prudence, a card which seemed mysteriously absent from the major arcana of the Marseille tarot. The other cardinal virtues—Justice, Fortitude (Strength), and Temperance—each had a card devoted to them. It may be that the Chariot trump of the tarot was intended to represent Prudence, as the ideas of Aquinas were widely known at the time the tarot was created.